Staff Specialist Palliative Care Full-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Brisbane - West,Ipswich region 1 view
About the role
The purpose of this role is to provide Specialist Palliative Care services to patients requiring palliative care in the West Moreton Hospital and Health Service.
The role will predominantly consist of undertaking an outpatient clinic and performing community visits however, you may be required to cover other Palliative Care Specialists in the following areas within the context of the current FTE or with additional FTE being offered:
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- The Department is accredited for training of Advanced Trainee Registrars with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills which allow effective communication in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety and quality assurance initiatives, as well as the ability to conduct audits and data analysis of key outcome measures.
- Experience in relevant areas of inpatient and outpatient care.
- A sound knowledge of contemporary Human Resource issues including time management, Workplace Health & Safety, Equal Employment Opportunity, Anti-discrimination and Code of Conduct.
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, certain vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 01/16(PDF) ( [***] )
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO.(PDF) ( [***] )12/21(PDF) ( [***] )and the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( [***] ).(PDF) ( [***] )
17.5% annual leave loading (Additional allowances/ entitlements may apply), 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include:
professional development, salary sacrificing options ( [***] ), ( [***] ) wellness programs and the Employee Assistance Service (EAS).
Further information regarding this role please download and read the attached Role Description and Information Packages. You will need to submit your Cover Letter, CV or Resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant to the role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for all West Moreton Health vacancies.