Staff Specialist Consultant Psychiatrist Full-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Cairns region,Central West Qld,Darling Downs - Maranoa,Logan - Beaudesert,Mackay region,North West Qld,Rockhampton region,South West Qld,Toowoomba region,Townsville region 1 view
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is one of excellence to emerge the leader in health care, research and education for regional Australia.
About your opportunity
As Staff Specialist (Consultant Psychiatrist), you will providehigh quality clinical and non-clinical services to benefit the patients of the Townsville Hospital and Health Service (THHS). This includes research as well as teaching the health professionals of the future.
What's on Offer?
Remuneration package of up to $486,763 p.a. (+ other applicable allowances/benefits) comprising salary range of $188,800 - $239,377 p.a. (L18 -L27), recreational leave loading (17.5%), employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%), attraction and retention incentive allowance, regional and rural attraction allowance, motor vehicle allowance, professional development assistance (allowances and leave), and inaccessibility allowance (if applicable). Level of appointment is dependent upon experience and advanced qualifications.
- Employees must maintain vaccination protection and provide evidence confirming they have received the prescribed number of doses of COVID19 and Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD).
- Qualificationsin Psychiatry, recognised by the Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Psychiatrists, and current registration with/or eligibility for registration as a Specialist with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Appointmentto this position requires proof of qualification and registration or membership (if applicable) with the appropriate registration authority or association.
- Possession of class C drivers' licence.
- Ongoingprofessional development relevant to the delivery of specialist Mental Health Services to maintain appropriate registration and/or association requirements is a requirement of all staff within the MHSG.
Why make the change?
Our gorgeous weather promotes an outdoor lifestyle as the sun shines nearly all year round (over 320 days/year).
Enjoy the benefits of urban living without being trapped in a commuter nightmare of metropolitan traffic.
Appreciate the country town `feel' and change your pace as you absorb the local tropical/coastal flow.
Living in Townsville ( [***] ); a vibrant, dynamic city and the largest regional centre in Northern Australia allows easy access to The Strand ( [***] ) and Magnetic Island. ( [***] ) Plus, the city heart provides opportunity for boutique shopping, fine dining experiences, cultural events ( [***] ) and a bustling nightlife.
For a confidential discussion please contact Dr Roanna Byrnes on [***]
Applications ( [***] ) close on Wednesday 22 June 2022.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.