Senior Speech Pathologist (Thursday Island) Full-time Job6 months ago Management Cairns region,Far North Qld 9 views
Tell me more...Collaborate with the wider TCHHS speech pathology team and on a day to day basis, manage Speech Pathology issues and administration of resources, initiate quality improvement activities to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Communication: Demonstrated high level written and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to collaborate with and provide advice to co-workers, colleagues, supervisors, other stakeholders and senior management regarding clinical advice, service development and business planning processes relevant to the delivery, development and quality improvement of Speech Pathology services.
- Clinical Ability: Demonstrated ability to independently apply evidence-based principles in clinical decision-making to facilitate treatment for complex speech pathology problems, where established principles, procedures and methods may require some expansion, adaptation or collaborative modification and with an awareness of issues that impact on the complexity of service delivery in a cross cultural and remote area context.
- Leadership: Demonstrated ability to manage a speech pathology service, to lead change through quality and service improvement activities, to provide strategic direction, and to provide clinical supervision to less experienced speech pathologists and students.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, Torres and Cape can offer you:
- Comprising salary between$115,049.00 - $ 123,799.00p.a
- Generous employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%)
- Salary packaging option to increase your take home pay
- Work / Life balance, variety and flexibility
- Great support team
- Professional development
Requirements for the role:
- Appointment to this position requires the possession of a tertiary degree in speech pathology and eligibility for practicing membership with Speech Pathology Australia (SPA). Current SPA membership would be highly regarded. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
- This position requires the incumbent to operate a C' Class Drivers Licence. An appropriate licence endorsement to operate this type of vehicle is required. Proof of this endorsement must be provided before commencement of duty.
- It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 (Health Employment Directive No. 12/21(PDF) ( [***] ) and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70 ( [***] )).
For additional information regarding the responsibilities, mandatory qualifications and/or other requirements for this position please refer to the role description.
About Torres and Cape Hospital and Health Services visit TCHHS website ( [***] )
How do I apply? Applications should be submitted ONLINE via the Smart Jobs and Careers website.
Do you need more information? Simply call the contact person listed on the role description.
Please no unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies