Senior Psychologist (Paediatric) Full-time Job6 months ago Doctor / Physician Cairns region,Central West Qld,Darling Downs - Maranoa,Logan - Beaudesert,Mackay region,North West Qld,Rockhampton region,South West Qld,Toowoomba region,Townsville region 3 views
Townsville Hospital and Health Service (THHS) is responsible for the delivery of healthcare services, education and research to a population of approximately 250,000 people. The THHS provides a large continuum of healthcare services, from advanced highly specialised tertiary-level healthcare at the Townsville University Hospital, to secondary and primary-level hospital and community healthcare across the region. The THHS comprises 20 health facilities, including Townsville University Hospital, which serves as the tertiary referral hospital for the whole of northern Queensland.
About your opportunity
Temporary part-time role up to 8 months, 30.4 hours per fortnight.
Work across neonatal and paediatric services to provide high level clinical psychological consultation, assessment and treatment to patients of the THHS and their families.
Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team to provide advanced level clinical care and better outcomes for young people admitted to the Townsville University Hospital as well as the patients of the Cochlear Implant service.
Participate at an advanced level in the development and management of best practice models of care for children's services and conduct psychological research in a health service.
Generous remuneration package value up to $4,708 p.m. comprising:
- hourly rates between $58.02 and $62.43 p.h. (HP4)
- 4 weeks p.a. recreational leave with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation
- Possession of, or current enrolment in accredited masters or doctoral qualification in clinical or health psychology or a relevant equivalent qualification, with applicable clinical experience, would be highly regarded.
- Possession of a 4-year Psychology (Honours, Graduate Diploma) degree qualification from a recognised tertiary institution (or equivalent).
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- A Criminal History check will be undertaken.
- This is a VPD risk role.
Why make the change?
Our gorgeous weather promotes an outdoor lifestyle as the sun shines nearly all year round (over 320 days/year).
Enjoy the benefits of urban living without being trapped in a commuter nightmare of metropolitan traffic.
Appreciate the country town `feel' and change your pace as you absorb the local tropical/coastal flow.
Living in Townsville ( [***] ); a vibrant, dynamic city and the largest regional centre in Northern Australia allows easy access to The Strand ( [***] ) and Magnetic Island. ( [***] )
Plus, the city heart provides opportunity for boutique shopping, fine dining experiences, cultural events ( [***] ) and a bustling nightlife.
For a confidential discussion please contact Vidula Garde on [***]
Apply ONLINE by: Thursday 26 May 2022.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.