Senior Medical Officer in Paediatric Intensive Care Medicine (0.5FTE) Full-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - South 4 views
Are you passionate about outcomes for children and young people across Queensland?
We're committed to providing life-changing healthcare for children and young people for a healthier tomorrow.
About the Queensland Children's Hospital
The Queensland Children's Hospital (QCH) (formerly The Lady Cilento Children's Hospital), which opened on 29 November 2014, is Australia's largest and most advanced paediatric facility. Located in South Brisbane, the 359-bed hospital features more than 80,000 square meters of facilities spread across 12 levels.
As Queensland's single specialist paediatric facility, Children's Health Queensland's (CHQ) at the QCH is the hub of a dedicated network of paediatric services available at other Brisbane and Queensland hospitals. Expanding on CHQ's state-wide remit, the QCH also supports regional hospitals through telemedicine and outreach services. This means children and young people can access the services they need as close to home as possible.
The hospital precinct includes the Centre for Children's Health Research, the Children's Hospital Foundation, Ronald McDonald House South Brisbane (opened in 2016) and a new Adolescent Drug and Alcohol Withdrawal Service building.
Our Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) at Queensland's single tertiary/quaternary children's hospital and health service is looking for a Paediatric Intensive Care Specialist interested in a permanent part-time (0.5 FTE) Senior Medical Officer (SMO) position.
Our state-of-the-art 36-bed PICU admits 1800 patients, provides around 30 ECLS runs, coordinates for advice and transport of close to 2000 paediatric patients of concern, and retrieves over 800 critically unwell paediatric patients annually.
We offer an unique opportunity for you to join our medical team of 15 Paediatric Intensive Care Specialists and 32 trainees, and to
- provide excellence in child and family centred intensive care,
- participate in driving our outstanding training and teaching program,
- share our goal to become a high-reliability health care service,
- contribute to Australia and New Zealand's leading and world-class Paediatric Critical Care Research Group (PCCRG),
- work in a transformative, inter-disciplinary and -professional team environment where all staff have each other's back.
Get engaged in CHQ PICU's and CHQ Retrieval Services' (CHQRS) statewide leadership in improving experience and outcomes of Queensland's critically unwell children and their families, in meeting the challenges facing our team and consumers in our vast and socio-geographically unique state, and in streamlining paediatric critical care practice and services.
What CHQ HHS can offer
Apart from contributing to the development of Australia's best paediatric health service, you will also benefit from a competitive remuneration package and a working environment which embraces professional development, builds capabilities and supports staff to maximise their health and wellbeing. Additional benefits include:
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
You can find out more about why it's so great to work at CHQ HHS here ( [***] ).
It is a mandatory condition of employment for this role to be:
- vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, certain vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 01/16(PDF) ( [***] )
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 12/21(PDF) ( [***] ) and the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( [***] ).