About the role
The Registered Nurse will deliver high-level, consumer focused contemporary nursing services as a part of a multi-disciplinary team giving special attention to treatment and risk issues within the West Moreton Health Forensic and Secure Services unit.
The service provides specialist secure rehabilitation and forensic mental health services including: High Security Inpatient Services, Extended Forensic Treatment Rehabilitation, Secure Mental Health Rehabilitation, Prison Mental Health Services, General Health Service, Specialist Mental Health Intellectual Disability Service (SMHIDS) and Central Staffing.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Contemporary clinical knowledge in the area of Mental Health nursing, delivering competent nursing care in complex situations while providing support to other team members.
- Ability to communicate to a high standard effectively and engage with members of the healthcare team, patients, relatives and visitors whilst displaying a high level of professional nursing care.
- Ability to educate, inform, counsel and support patients and families on general and clinical information relevant to patient's care, accessing the Clinical Nurse when expert advice is required.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships, open communication and a positive environment within a multidisciplinary team, actively contributing to the learning and development of others to a high standard.
- Ability to provide patient and family centred care to the patient using best practice and within the standard of practice of a Registered Nurse.
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and contribution to quality improvement processes.
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, certain vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 01/16(PDF) ( [***] )
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 12/21(PDF) ( [***] ) and the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( [***] ).
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration or membership with the appropriate registration authority or association within Australia ie Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency AHPRA. Including any necessary endorsements (eg medication endorsement). Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
17.5% annual leave loading (Additional allowances/ entitlements may apply), 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include: Professional development, salary sacrificing options ( [***] ), ( [***] ) wellness programs and the Employee Assistance Service (EAS).
Further information regarding this role please download and read the attached Role Description and Information Packages. You will need to submit your Cover Letter, CV or Resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant to the role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for all West Moreton Health vacancies.