Phlebotomist Full-time Job6 months ago Nursing Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - South 1 view
Key competencies (role specific criteria)
You will be assessed on your ability to demonstrate the following key capabilities, knowledge and experience. Within the context of the responsibilities described above under your key responsibilities', the ideal applicant will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated experience or the ability to acquire experience in all aspects of paediatric specimen collection.
- Demonstrated initiative, highly developed communication skills, and a commitment to personal and organisational excellence.
- Demonstrated high level skills, or the ability to rapidly acquire high level skills, in the use of the laboratory information system (AUSLAB).
- Demonstrated skills or the ability to rapidly acquire skills in the use of the Integrated electronic medical record (ieMR).
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a positive team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to quality and service improvement activities in accordance with National Association of Testing Authority/International Standardisation Organisation (NATA/ISO) accreditation / certification.
- Demonstrate willingness to participate in a roster of varying shift lengths and times, as well as weekend work and extra shifts to support operational requirements.
Qualifications, registrations and other requirements
- Mandatory Qualifications Nil.
- While not mandatory, a Certificate in Certificate in Pathology (Specimen Collection), Pathology (Laboratory Assistance) or equivalent would be well regarded.
- This position will be required to work weekends, early starts, and late finishes.