Pathology Assistant Full-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Cairns region,Central West Qld,Darling Downs - Maranoa,Logan - Beaudesert,Mackay region,North West Qld,Rockhampton region,South West Qld,Toowoomba region,Townsville region 1 view
Key competencies (role specific criteria)
You will be assessed on your ability to demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use computerised systems, basic keyboarding skills particularly for data entry.
- Demonstrated operational knowledge of Clinical Pathology and Specimen Reception procedures, and medical and scientific terminology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of blood collection, including procedures to be followed in abnormal circumstances, and ability to show empathy, compassion and understanding towards patients.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a team without direct supervision at times.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions.
Qualifications, registrations and other requirements
- While not mandatory, a relevant qualification would be well regarded.
- Please detail any visa conditions you may have if you are not a permanent resident of Australia.
- We understand that some people may require adjustments to the workplace or the way the work is performed. All applicants are encouraged to advise the panel of any support or reasonable adjustments (i.e. building access, wheelchair access, interpreting services etc.) that may be required.
Queensland Health is a dynamic organisation committed to providing a range of services aimed at achieving good health and wellbeing for all Queenslanders. Through a network of 16 Hospital and Health Services and the Mater Hospitals, Queensland Health delivers a range of integrated services including hospital inpatient, outpatient and emergency services, community and mental health services, aged care services and public health and health promotion programs.