Indigenous Health Worker - Sexually Transmitted Infections Project (Bamaga) - Identified Full-time Job6 months ago Nursing Cairns region,Far North Qld 7 views
Tell me more...
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Appropriate clinical skills for the delivery of evidenced based health assessments for Men's, Women's and Sexual Health treatment, promotion/education and prevention activities in response to the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team and cross-cultural environment.
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills, including community and client liaison, negotiation and networking with groups and organisations.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, Torres and Cape can offer you:
- Comprising salary between$2,355.90 - $2,476.60 p.f
- Generous employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%)
- Salary packaging option to increase your take home pay
- Work / Life balance, variety and flexibility
- Great support team
Requirements for the role:
- Possession of a Certificate III in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care.
- Under s25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991, there is a genuine occupational requirement for the incumbent to be Indigenous to the Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Community.
- It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 (Health Employment Directive No. 12/21(PDF) ( [***] ) and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70 ( [***] )).
For additional information regarding the responsibilities, mandatory qualifications and/or other requirements for this position please refer to the role description.
About Torres and Cape Hospital and Health Services visit TCHHS website ( [***] )
How do I apply? Applications should be submitted ONLINE via the Smart Jobs and Careers website.
Do you need more information? Simply call the contact person listed on the role description.
Please no unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies