Health Worker - Advanced (Identified) Full-time Job6 months ago Doctor / Physician Cairns region,Central West Qld,Darling Downs - Maranoa,Logan - Beaudesert,Mackay region,North West Qld,Rockhampton region,South West Qld,Toowoomba region,Townsville region 5 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is one of excellence to emerge the leader in health care, research and education for regional Australia.
About your opportunity
The primary purpose of this position is to facilitateeffective, coordinated and culturally capable health care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander maternity women, their families and carers accessing maternity services within the Health and Wellbeing Service Group, Townsville Hospital.
Key duties include:
- Performa variety of tasks that require a sound knowledge of standards, practices and procedures and apply primary healthcare skills obtained through training and experience and/or formal vocational development.
- Liaiseand negotiate with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and health professionals in the Townsville Hospital and Health Service for the development, planning and implementation of culturally capable Health Services.
- Providecultural consultancy to health professionals and provide health education and support to the patients of the health services.
- Participatein the care of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients within the Antenatal Clinics, Maternity unit, Birthing Suite, and Home Visiting service as per scope of practice.
What's on Offer?
Generous remuneration package value up to $83,312 p.a. comprising salary range of $68,289 to $73,019 p.a. (HW4), 17.5% leave loading, 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include:
- Professional development
- Salary sacrificing options
- Shift and locality allowances
- Corporate discounts
- Wellness programs and the Employee Assistance Program.
- Employees must maintain vaccination protection and provide evidence confirming they have received the prescribed number of doses of COVID19 and Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD).
- Unders25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991, there is a genuine occupational requirement for the incumbent to be indigenous to the Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Community.
- CertificateIV in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Primary Health is Mandatory.
- Possession of class C drivers' licence.
Why make the change?
Our gorgeous weather promotes an outdoor lifestyle as the sun shines nearly all year round (over 320 days/year).
Enjoy the benefits of urban living without being trapped in a commuter nightmare of metropolitan traffic.
Appreciate the country town `feel' and change your pace as you absorb the local tropical/coastal flow.
Living in Townsville ( [***] ); a vibrant, dynamic city and the largest regional centre in Northern Australia allows easy access to The Strand ( [***] ) and Magnetic Island. ( [***] ) Plus, the city heart provides opportunity for boutique shopping, fine dining experiences, cultural events ( [***] ) and a bustling nightlife.
For a confidential discussion please contact Kristine Browne on [***]
Applications ( [***] ) close on Tuesday 14 June 2022.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.