Enrolled Nurse - Transition Support Program Full-time Job6 months ago Nursing Brisbane - West,Ipswich region 2 views
About the role
The Enrolled Nurse-Transition Support Program, based in West Moreton, is a 6-month training program specifically for Enrolled Nurses who have never previously worked in the mental health setting. These positions provide a positive transition to professional practice experience specifically in Mental Health, enhancing the capabilities of our workforce.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Recognise the need to provide excellent consumer and family centred care to the patients within West Moreton Hospital and Health service informed by best practice, evidence-based principles, and within the standards of practice for an Enrolled Nurse.
- Commitment to learning and developing Enrolled Nurse practice skills and ability in the mental health context through active participation in continued professional development, discipline specific supervision and commitment to the full 6-month EN-TSP-MH program.
- Demonstrates experience in medication administration and the ability to monitor physical co-morbidity for consumers with Mental Health problems.
- Recognise the requirement for rapport building skills, listening skills and empathy within the Enrolled Nursing role.
- Willing to take instructions and guidance from others and willing to help and support others to contribute to the successful functioning of the team.
- Demonstrates self-management skills, a commitment to nursing and flexibility to adapt to unexpected changes.
- Demonstrate a commitment to delivering a high level of services to consumers, caregivers, and families, demonstrating rapport building skills, listening skills and empathy.
- High level of communication skills and ability to escalate issues to a Registered Nurse.
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, certain vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 01/16(PDF) ( [***] )
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO.(PDF) ( [***] )12/21(PDF) ( [***] )and the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( [***] ).(PDF) ( [***] )
- Appointment this position requires proof of qualification and registration or membership with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
17.5% annual leave loading (Additional allowances/ entitlements may apply), 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include: Professional development, salary sacrificing options ( [***] ), ( [***] ) wellness programs and the Employee Assistance Service (EAS).
Further information regarding this role please download and read the attached Role Description and Information Packages. You will need to submit your Cover Letter, CV or Resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant to the role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for all West Moreton Health vacancies.