Director Medical Services - Clermont and Hinterland Full-time Job1 year ago Doctor / Physician Flexible,Mackay region 4 views
Remuneration value up to $418,731 p.a. comprising salary between $8,405.80 p.f. - $8,654.00 p.f. (L24 - L25), or remuneration value up to $395,682 p.a. comprising salary between $7,236.70 p.f. - $8,206.20 p.f. (L18-L23) or remuneration value up to $347,793 p.a. comprising salary between $6,265.60 p.f. - $7,050.10 p.f. (L13-L17) employer superannuation contribution (up to 12.75%), annual leave loading (17.5%), attraction and retention incentive allowance, professional development allowance, professional development leave 3.6 weeks p.a., professional indemnity cover, plus overtime and on-call allowances. Applications will remain current for 12 months. Job Ad Reference: MK420528.
Mandatory qualifications/Professional registration/Other requirements
- Possession of a qualification from a registered tertiary institution and Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency with a current annual practicing certificate is essential.
- Fellowship of either ACRRM Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine or RACGP (FRACGP or FARGP) or enrolment in a training program to these Fellowships (Advanced Registrar enrolled in the AGPT or RVTS or ACRRM Independent training programs are also eligible).
- Eligibility for Medicare Benefits provider number for Private Practice.
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and if applicable registration or membership with the appropriate registration authority or association. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
- Potential applicants are advised that the Aged Care Act 1997 requires Queensland Health employees and volunteers of aged care services to have a current National Police Certificate. Queensland Health will facilitate the applicants obtaining the above check.
- Potential applicants are advised that Section 63-1A of the Aged Care Act 1997 requires Queensland Health to: (a) Seek a criminal conviction record report from the Australian Federal Police; and (b) Conduct a search of bankruptcy records; and (c) Conduct previous employment and referee checks. Your appointment to the position is subject to a favourable aged care service clearance. Queensland Health will meet the cost of this check.Candidates must provide certified copies of requested proof of identify documents for the purposes of general Criminal history and National Police Certificate checks.
- The successful applicant must hold at least a tertiary degree (or equivalent) qualification in relevant occupation and be registered with the relevant agency.
- Shift Workers: Appointees will be required to work all shifts in accordance with the unit roster.
- Licence to Operate Vehicle: This position requires the incumbent to operate a class C motor vehicle and an appropriate licence endorsement to operate this vehicle is required. Proof of this endorsement must be provided prior to the commencement of duty.
- Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) Requirements: It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough).
- Existing staff that are engaged prior to 1 July 2016 are not subject to this condition of employment unless they apply for a role with VPD requirements that is with a different Queensland Health entity (ie one HHS to another HHS, Department to a HHS, or HHS to Department).
- Hepatitis B Vaccination: Health Care Workers in Queensland Health whose occupation poses a potential risk of exposure to blood or body fluids must be immunised against Hepatitis B according to the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Immunisation Handbook and the Queensland Health Infection Control Guidelines.
- Vaccination Requirements (COVID-19): It is a mandatory condition of employment for this role for the incumbent to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Evidence of vaccination will be required prior to commencement.
How to apply
Please download the Role Description and Information Package for Applicants for instructions on how to apply for this role. If you have difficulty viewing this role description in .pdfformat, please contact Mackay Medical Workforce Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org to request it in .docformat. Please note that if the information requested in the how to apply' section is not provided, plus the now mandatory requirement for all curriculum vitae to be provided in a standard template (located at the link in the boxed area above), you may not meet the requirements for further consideration of your application. The Information Package for Applicants outlines pre-employment checks that will be undertaken for successful applicants.