Clinical Nurses (Breast Care) Full-time Job1 year ago Nursing Gold Coast 10 views
An opportunity has become available for two Clinical Nurses (Breast Care) to join Gold Coast Health (GCH) where the focus of our 10 000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region of Australia.
- Identify current and ongoing needs through comprehensive patient and family assessment and implement an individualised plan of care
- Provide education and information about breast cancer treatments, the effects of breast cancer, and self management strategies
- Adapt practice according to the specific and changing needs of the individual patient
- Facilitate continuity of care between different phases of the cancer care continuum
- Communicate effectively with other members of the health care team to facilitate efficient, timely and comprehensive assessment
To be successful in this position you will require:
- A Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent
- AHPRA Registration
- A graduate certificate or greater within Breast Cancer Nursing or Oncology Nursing is highly desirable
- Experience in surgical or oncology/palliative care nursing is highly desirable
- Evidence of vaccination, or be able to be vaccinated against and remain vaccinated against - Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella (Chicken Pox), Pertussis (Whooping Cough), Hepatitis B and COVID 19
- Tuberculosis screening, to identify if the tuberculosis vaccination may be required
- Declaration of serious discipline history must be disclosed
- Flexible work options
- Career Development
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Research Opportunities
- Up to 12.75% super
- 17.5% leave loading
- Permanent full time, permanent part time (2 positions, hrs negotiable)
- Base salary ranging from $96 909 - $103 768 p.a., $48.87 - $52.33 p.h.
The Breast Care Nursing Unit, consisting of 1 full time equivalent (FTE) Clinical Nurse Consultant, 2 FTE Clinical Nurse's and Administration Officer support, work collaboratively within the multidisciplinary model of breast cancer care to achieve high quality patient outcomes.
The purpose of this role is to provide advanced knowledge in breast cancer and skills in supportive care, including providing specialised tailored information and education, psychological support, and clinical care to breast cancer patients and their families, based at Robina.
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.5 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Secondary and tertiary health services across more than 20 facilities
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
- A workplace culture that encourages people to bring their whole selves to work so that they can perform at their best
- Committed to reflecting the diversity of the Gold Coast community and ensuring each staff member is included and feels like they belong
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your application by Monday, 30 May 2022.
Job Ad reference:GC420383
Please note: no third-party applications will be accepted.