Clinical Midwifery Consultant Maternity Services Full-time Job1 year ago Nursing Brisbane - West,Ipswich region 38 views
About the role
The Clinical Midwife Consultant is a registered midwife who provides excellence in midwifery care and patient outcomes by providing direct midwifery care with clinical competence and capability, optimising the perinatal journey of women and their families and enabling woman centred care with enhanced access to services. The clinical midwife consultant works in partnership with the wider multidisciplinary team to provide woman and family centred, quality, safe patient care.This role provides the delivery of clinical care and support specific to Maternity Services within Women, Children & Family Division of West Moreton Health.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Ability to work in a team environment and autonomously when required.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply specialised knowledge of contemporary midwifery practice and theory throughout the continuum of pregnancy and post birth care and to participate directly and indirectly in the delivery of clinical care.
- Demonstrates the ability to build and maintain strong relationships, open communication and a positive environment within a multidisciplinary team, actively contributing to the learning and development of others to a high standard in the Women, Children and Family division.
- Demonstrates expert level of contemporary clinical midwifery knowledge, expertise and skills in midwifery practice and leadership enabling the delivery and supporting high quality care provision.
- Demonstrated management experience and capability with an ability and commitment to practice collaboratively within the maternity service and the broader multidisciplinary health care team to deliver high quality care.
- Demonstrated advanced and effective communication, relationship development and maintenance and change management skills.
- Demonstrated contemporary midwifery clinical expertise to the level and duration specified in the Mandatory Qualification section.
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective midwifery health professional with capability for high level engagement across the spectrum of stakeholders including patients and families.
- Demonstrated legislation / policy knowledge and the ability to develop documents supporting the application of same.
The maternity service consists of a 30-bed antenatal and postnatal inpatient ward with a home visiting service: a 11-bed birthing suite each with a bath for water immersion, a 4-bed maternity assessment unit and antenatal hospital and community OPD. The service is supported by a 16-bed special care nursery.
- vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, certain vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 01/16(PDF) ( [***] )
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 12/21(PDF) ( [***] ) and the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( [***] ).
17.5% annual leave loading, 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options ( [***] ), wellness programs and the Employee Assistance Service (EAS).
Further information regarding this role please download and read the attached Role Description and Information Packages. You will need to submit your Cover Letter, CV or Resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant to the role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for all West Moreton Health vacancies.