Casual Psychologist Full-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Cairns region,Central West Qld,Darling Downs - Maranoa,Logan - Beaudesert,Mackay region,North West Qld,Rockhampton region,South West Qld,Toowoomba region,Townsville region 1 view
Townsville Hospital and Health Service (THHS) is responsible for the delivery of healthcare services, education and research to a population of approximately 250,000 people. The THHS provides a large continuum of healthcare services, from advanced highly specialised tertiary-level healthcare at the Townsville University Hospital, to secondary and primary-level hospital and community healthcare across the region. The THHS comprises 20 health facilities, including Townsville University Hospital, which serves as the tertiary referral hospital for the whole of northern Queensland.
About your opportunity
Casual position. Hours as required.
The Psychology Service at the Townsville University Hospital provides enhanced access for patients and access to psychological assessments and interventions that contribute to the patient's ongoing clinical management and care.
The role will:
- Deliver best practice psychological (clinical, health, and psychometric) services to patients and their families in collaboration with the multidisciplinary teams.
- Manage an appropriate caseload using effective time management and prioritisation skills, including clinical and non-clinical responsibilities and the maintenance of accurate patient records and documentation. As experience builds, apply increasingly independent clinical judgement to more complex clinical decision making under the clinical practice supervision of a more senior psychologist.
- Provide support and cover as required across services in order of priority of service needs if required and as directed.
Casual pay rates are between $48.22-$64.69 p.h. (HP3), plus there is up to 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
- Applicants must possess an Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) accredited four-year qualification in Psychology, and be eligible for provisional or general registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA), Psychology Board of Australia (PsychBA).
- While not mandatory, a PsychBA Area of Practice Endorsement in Clinical Psychology or Health Psychology would be highly regarded, as would PsychBA approved Supervisor status.
- A Criminal History check will be undertaken.
- This is a VPD risk role.
Why make the change?
Our gorgeous weather promotes an outdoor lifestyle as the sun shines nearly all year round (over 320 days/year).
Enjoy the benefits of urban living without being trapped in a commuter nightmare of metropolitan traffic.
Appreciate the country town `feel' and change your pace as you absorb the local tropical/coastal flow.
Living in Townsville ( [***] ); a vibrant, dynamic city and the largest regional centre in Northern Australia allows easy access to The Strand ( [***] ) and Magnetic Island. ( [***] )
Plus, the city heart provides opportunity for boutique shopping, fine dining experiences, cultural events ( [***] ) and a bustling nightlife.
For a confidential discussion please contact Vidula Garde on [***]
Apply ONLINE by: Monday 30 May 2022.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.