Care Support Officer - Security Services - Expression of Interest for Ongoing Opportunities Contract Job1 month ago Nursing Flexible,Mackay region 1 view
About the Mackay Hospital and Health Service
Mackay Hospital and Health Service ( [***] ) has six hospitals, two multi-purpose health services and four community health centres that employ more than 3,300 staff. The district covers an area of approximately 90,000km2 and provides services to patients and their families in Bowen, Cannonvale, Clermont, Collinsville, Dysart, Glenden, Mackay, Middlemount, Moranbah, Proserpine and Sarina.
As a Care Support Officer, improving the patient's experience is the focus of your daily activities. Activities are designed to support, challenge and enhance the cultural, psychological, social, emotional and physical wellbeing of individuals. You will have the opportunity to interact with patients and assist the clinical team to position and support their patients during treatment and care.
The MHHS Security Services comprises of a Security Officer Service, Occupational Violence Prevention Service, Care Support Officer Service and Access Administration Service. These facets of Security Services work supportively of each other, are committed to sustainable service delivery, adherence to the health service's core values and work in unison to achieve a common goal of protecting MHHS's people and assets. Security Services mission is to provide to all personnel, the necessary climate and mechanisms that will enable staff, patients and visitors at MHHS Facilities to go about their daily activities without fear or intimidation by preventing crime and disruption and protecting persons and property.
Benefits of working for Mackay HHS
Mackay HHS provides a working environment which embraces professional development, builds capabilities, provides roles with variety and flexibility, supports staff to maximise their health and wellbeing and encourages work/life balance. Some additional benefits include:
- Remuneration - Competitive packages with salary packaging options available.
- Superannuation - Up to 12.75% employer contribution.
- Annual leave loading - 17.5%.
- Employee assistance and peer support programs - Supporting our staff through difficult times.
- Wellbeing programs - Variety of initiatives available to suit all interests and lifestyles.
How to apply for this role
- Download the Role Description and Information Package for Applicants to familiarise yourself with the role.
- Provide a written response (maximum 2 pages) outlining how your experience, abilities and knowledge will enable you to achieve the key responsibilities of the role. This is an opportunity to tell us about yourself, your professional career and why you are the right person for this job.
- Attach your current resume/CV, including contact details of two referees, preferably your current/past supervisor, who can confirm/support your capabilities, work performance and conduct within the previous two years.
Conditions of employment
If you are a new employee to Queensland Health, we want to ensure you have all the information you need before you start. It is recommended that you familiarise yourself with the Queensland Health Conditions of employment ( [***] ) and the Code of Conduct(PDF) ( [***] ) for the Queensland Public Service.
Mandatory vaccination requirements
It is a mandatory condition ...