Administration Officer - Moranbah Hospital Full-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Flexible,Mackay region 1 view
About the Mackay Hospital and Health Service
Mackay Hospital and Health Service ( [***] ) has six hospitals, two multi-purpose health services and four community health centres that employ more than 3,300 staff. The district covers an area of approximately 90,000km2 and provides services to patients and their families in Bowen, Cannonvale, Clermont, Collinsville, Dysart, Glenden, Mackay, Middlemount, Moranbah, Proserpine and Sarina.
- Provide a high standard of efficient and effective administrative support to the different functional areas of the Facility including Moranbah Hospital, Community Health and Allied Health.
- This position is accountable for promoting good public relations with the general community and both internal and external clients.
- Maintain accurate computer records which include confidential and financial information in relation to client's health status, admissions and discharges of clients of the facility.
The Moranbah Health Service is located in the Isaac Regional Shire in the town of Moranbah, approximately 200km south-west from Mackay, a journey which takes approximately 2 hours.
The Moranbah Health Service consists of Moranbah Hospital, Community & Allied Health, Mental Health & Alcohol and Other Drugs Services (AODS) and Glenden Primary Health Care Centre. The Moranbah Hospital has a 12-bed acute inpatient facility and an emergency service. In addition, Specialist outpatients, Medical Imaging: X-ray and ultrasound, a range of Telehealth services and ambulatory care, including mental health, allied health, community and child health services are provided through these health facilities. It offers the opportunity to experience a diverse range of work areas in a busy rural setting.
Benefits of working for Mackay HHS
Mackay HHS provides a working environment which embraces professional development, builds capabilities, provides roles with variety and flexibility, supports staff to maximise their health and wellbeing and encourages work/life balance. Some additional benefits include:
- Remuneration - Competitive packages with salary packaging options available.
- Superannuation - Up to 12.75% employer contribution.
- Annual leave loading - 17.5%.
- Employee assistance and peer support programs - Supporting our staff through difficult times.
- Wellbeing programs - Variety of initiatives available to suit all interests and lifestyles.
How to apply for this role
- Download the Role Description and Information Package for Applicants to familiarise yourself with the role.
- Provide a written response (maximum 2 pages) outlining how your experience, abilities and knowledge will enable you to achieve the key responsibilities of the role. This is an opportunity to tell us about yourself, your professional career and why you are the right person for this job.
- Attach your current resume/CV, including contact details of two referees, preferably your current/past supervisor, who can confirm/support your capabilities, work performance and conduct within the previous two years.
Conditions of employment
If you are a new employee to Queensland Health, we want to ensure you have all the information you need before you start. It is recommended that you familiarise yourself with the Queensland Health Conditions of employment ( [***] ) and the Code of Conduct(PDF) ( [***] ) for the Queensland Public Service.
Mandatory vaccination requirements
It is a mandatory condition of employment for this role to be:
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, vaccine preventable diseases Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Varicella (Chicken Pox), Pertussis (Whooping Cough), Hepatitis B.
- Vaccinated against COVID-19.
For more information on your vaccination requirements should you be the successful applicant for this role, please refer to the Queensland Health employment directives ( [***] ).